L'Anse au Clair is an incorporated municipality in the province of Newfoundland & Labrador. The town was incorporated in 1970. Regular council meetings are held to conduct town business.
These council meetings are held at the AMG Town Centre at 7:30pm on the first Monday of every month (if Monday is a holiday, the meeting will be held the following work day) and are open to the public. Residents can attend meetings without notice. However, if you want to make a presentation or address council, you need to be added to the agenda ahead of time. In this case, please call the town office (931-2481) a few days in advance to be added.
Residents with questions or concerns may also send a letter to council delivered either by mail, in person during business hours, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your inquiry will be reviewed during the next regular council meeting and responded to promptly afterwards by email or written letter.
Town Council 2021-present
- Wade Chubbs, Mayor
- Sheila Chubbs, Deputy Mayor
- Shelley Griffin, Councillor
- Monica Hunt, Councillor
- Pat Jones, Councillor
- Chad Letto, Councillor
- Sandra Thomas, Councillor
L'Anse au Clair's previous town centre was destroyed by fire in 2016.
A new town centre called the AMG Town Centre was built in 2018. See the gallery section for additional pictures. The town office is staffed by a town clerk/manager, Steve Martin. Former town clerk, Loretta Griffin, retired in 2021 after thirty-three years of service.
The town council provides the following services for residents:
- Water & sewer to all the town, including roadside fire hydrants
- Volunteer fire department and a fire hall
- Outdoor skating rink, ballfield and playground
- Town greenhouse
- Town Hall exercise and recreation equipment during business hours, and facilities for events
- Walking and hiking trails
As well, these commercial services are available in the town:
- Telephone, DSL Internet, cell phone & satellite TV services provided by Bell Aliant
- Cable TV provided by Clearview Cable
The town is a member of several organizations within the province and the local region: